What's new
South Central Los Santos

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Simple Guide to Serious Roleplay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

South Central LS

Management
Management
Lead Admin
Senior Game Admin
Game Admin
Tester
Developer
Verified Creator
Influencer
Content Creator
Police Department
Fire Department
City
Priority Pass
Faction Management
Business Management
Female
Whitelisted
Instant Whitelist
Guide to a /me.

A /me is used for performing actions for your character that can not be shown through actions or animations. A /me can also be used to show your expression, moods, and what your character is wearing. A /me will always be shown around your characters vicinity, and should always be written in third person. You do not need to type your characters name in your /me because the command does it for you. A /me also does not start with a capitalized letter, but should always end with a period. When you are typing a /me you must be as detailed as possible with the proper grammar. A detailed /me helps further the depth of the roleplay, and there should never be any profanity.

Proper examples of a /me:

• /me takes a cigarette box out of his/her pocket, removing the cigarette and placing it between his/her lips.
  • /me takes a lighter out of his/her back pocket using it to light the cigarette in his/her mouth.
  • /me pulls out his/her wallet from his/her back pocket as he/she takes out a couple of dollar bills handing it over to the cashier.
  • /me begins taking the heavy boxes out of the back of the truck one at a time to stack them inside of the warehouse.
  • /me lifts his/her head to look up at the male/female as he/she explains the situation.

Remember that you must always follow the rules and be fair. There should be no power gaming in your /me such as the following;
  • /me punches the male/female in his/her face causing him/her to pass out.
    This is forcing roleplay upon someone without giving them a fair chance to respond to the roleplay.

Improper /me’s with proper corrected examples that are optional;
  • Incorrect: /me gives license
    Correct: /me takes his/her license out of his/her right pocket and hands it over to the officer.
  • Incorrect: /me hits male
    Correct: /me curls up his/her fist and swings on the individual.
  • Incorrect: /me TAKES BAG
    Correct: /me takes the bag from the individual swinging it over his shoulder.
  • Incorrect: /me grabs gun to air this bitch out
    Correct: /me places his Glock-17 onto his lap, gripping it in his hand.
  • Incorrect: /me Is DEAD.
    Correct: /me lays lifeless on the ground.

- Players are required to give a response to your actions by using a /me to state their reaction. If you perform an open action and the other party is unresponsive for 30-45 seconds and you have allowed a reasonable chance to respond with their own action, you may ask them once more to reply to you and if the player is unresponsive, your action becomes successful.

Guide to a /do.
    A /do is used to describe an active roleplay scene around you, to answer questions regarding a scene you’re in, and to describe things about yourself. You must never lie in a /do because that would be power gaming which will lead to a ban. You must ask questions and answer questions using a /do. A /do must always be in third person and start with a capital letter. Your /do should not be in all caps, and should not have any profanity. A /do is not to show actions or feelings. Remember when trying to take items from someone you must do a /do. You can’t not forcefully take items from an individual without their permission unless the individual is held at gunpoint or unconscious (keep note that it is stated unconscious and not dead, you can not loot from dead bodies).

Proper examples of a /do:
  • /do Would the female smell any marijuana or alcohol coming from the vehicle?
    /do No, the female would not smell any marijuana or alcohol coming from the vehicle.
  • /do John would have a cast wrapped around his right arm.
  • /me attempts to take the male’s hat off of his head.
    /do Success?
  • /me begins to pat the male down for any belongings on his body.
    /do What items would he/she find?
  • /me takes out his handcuffs off of his deputy belt and places it onto the individuals wrist.
    /do Would the individual resist?
  • /do There would be a fresh open cut on the male/female’s face along with bruises down his/her body.
  • /do Alcohol would reek from John’s breath.

Incorrect examples of a /do:
  • /do SWING ON MALE.
  • /do pulls cash out pocket.
  • /do Checks the male for pulse, would the male have one? (You would /me checking the pulse, then /do asking if one is present.)

Remember to ALWAYS answer a /do. Failure to respond to a /do will be considered avoiding roleplay which is a ban. You must reply to a /do within 3-5 minutes.

Fire Department Call Guide.
    Make sure to do /911ems In order for them to properly receive your call & Make sure to always include your location in the call.
Good Call Examples;
  • /911ems Hello my name is (first & last) and there is an unconscious male on the ground in the Parkway Gardens housing complex, his pulse has been checked please send help.
  • /911ems Hello my name is (first & last) I am currently located at the park in Englewood with an unconscious female who has a light pulse could we get an ambulance please.
  • (If you died but you are alone) /911ems Hello my name is (make up a first & last) and I have come across an unresponsive male on the ground who is showing a light pulse could I get some EMS down here to West Woodlawn.

Subpar Call Examples;
  • /911ems My friend died we need EMS.
  • /911ems I died to not eating.
  • /911ems Need help I'm dead.
    Police/Sheriff Department Call Guide.
  • Bad Police Calls
    - /911 there is a group of males saying they have guns on them and they are scaring me because of the yelling.
    - /911 I got into a car accident, can I have an ambulance.
    - /911 someone is attempting to rob me, please send someone.
  • Valid Police Calls
    - /911 My name is (insert your characters first and last name). I am currently located on (place the street name or landmark). There is a group of males yelling at each other inside of this store & it is making a lot of people uncomfortable. Can you have Police here to assess the group before something happens. There is about 5 of them and they are wearing (brief description of what they are wearing). I heard them talking about firearms are going to be drawn.
    - /911 My name is (insert your characters first and last name). I am currently located on (place the street name or landmark). I just got into a car accident and the driver is refusing to swap out information with me. I do not need medical assistance. Can someone be sent down here so we can exchange information please. I have documented the other vehicles license plate as well just incase he drives off.
    - /911 My name is (insert your characters first and last name). I am currently located on (place the street name or landmark). I am currently running at the moment and someone is following me in attempt to steal my belongings. They’ve been following me for about 2-3 minutes and I’m scared and slowly running out of breath. The person is wearing (brief description of garments). This person is also brandishing a firearm, I tried to get away fast. Please send someone, I am in danger.

- If you are in an active role play scene and something happens to you where you are unable to use your first and last name in a call, you are allowed to make a /911 call. However, this must be done via local caller.
  • Ex: /911 (Local Caller) I was just walking down the street and noticed a (insert male or female) laying on the ground. I have not went up to that person yet, but I believe they are either intoxicated or possibly passed out. Can someone be sent to check on this individual? We are located on (insert street name or closest landmark).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back